Tuesday, September 10, 2013

fall essentials || my soul is the sky

i am thrilled to have a guest post from the lovely, melissa.  she's definitely one of my fav bloggers and i look forward to her posts everyday!  she's trying to get me and everyone else a bit more inspired for fall and here she shows some fun pieces that complete a fall look.

____________________________________________________________________________________________


Hi everyone! I'm Melissa from My Soul is the Sky and I'm delighted to be sharing my Fall Essentials today. There are so many great pieces on trend for the colder months and I've chosen a few of my favorites to feature so I hope you enjoy! 

fall forward

The trends for this upcoming Fall season are already spreading across blogs like wildfire. I am so excited to be shopping for these comfy and cute items and wanted to share which ones I've got my eye on!

I know many trends rotate through but I've never seen thesweatshirt cropping up before. I am especially glad about that one and am anxious to sweep the racks for the coziest version and maybe score a few in a larger size for extra comfort.

Leopard prints have always been a favorite of mine and think they add that extra pop of interest to an outfit concealed in neutrals. These flats are so perfect for a day out shopping and would work well with white skinny jeans and chambray top. Of course, a leopard print scarf, cute navy dress and brown leather boots would look fabulous too. 

This red hat, this comfy sweatshirt, and this berry color lipstick are all a must and will be great staples when the cold months settle in. Not to mention this moto jacket which would take any outfit from simple to chic.

I hope this list has gotten you a little more excited for Autumn and that you are able to find a few great pieces to wear as well!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I definitely need the fedoras and leopard print items on that list! Great post! xo

Rach said...

I am loving the sweatshirts!

Priyanjana said...

love the red fedora!!!

Janna Renee said...

I love leopard print! I am also excited to see sweatshirts as "fashion" haha. I like comfy.