Sunday, February 3, 2013

garbage, you say?

yes!!  my favorite band ever, ever, ever.


i have loved this band since i was 15, starting way back in 1997.  the following year i got to see them in concert and that is the last time i have seen them. 

yep, that is a super long time. 

last year they came out with a new album and began touring.  never did they stop in st. louis.  there were a couple concerts in the midwest that i thought about going to, but of course, work got in the way and i couldn't. 

then just last week, they announced a new spring tour in the US and listed their first 4 cities.  st. louis wasn't one, but i knew the rest were going to be announced in the days ahead.  so i stalked their facebook page everyday waiting, and lo and behold this evening i saw that st. louis is one of the stops!

that, my friends, is the best news i've heard yet this year! {very selfish of me because there have been a couple other pieces of good news as well}

i am beyond ecstatic.  i'm seriously at a loss for words.





music is such a part of who i am and i live for concerts.  this concert is going to be fantastic.  if you haven't ever heard garbage's music, i highly recommend it.  shirley's voice is amazing and she's beautiful.  the guys are so talented and create such amazing sounds.

although my favorite kind of music is electronic, garbage will always be my favorite band, by far.  i feel like they have been such a huge part of my life - well they have been with me now for over half of my life, so it's justified in saying that i guess.

ahhh.  i am just such a happy girl tonite!

* all images via google. 

post signature

3 comments:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

I my gosh, I totally forgot about them. I can't believe they are still together!

Rach said...

Oh fun! I'm glad you will get to see them! :)

Janna Renee said...

I used to love them! That will be so fun!