Sunday, December 9, 2012

{diy} Sparkle & Light Christmas Present


When I was out shopping a couple weeks ago at Hobby Lobby, an idea popped into my head when I ran across the endcap of glass boxes.  I had always seen the white lights inside of wine bottles and figured I could come up with some sort of Christmas decoration, and I did! 

I love these!



So simple and easy to create this elegant, festive box.

I have gotten so many compliments on them and have even made some for others.  They put off quite a bit of light, so I don't really need too many of them scattered throughout my house, although with the variety of lights and ribbon, the possibilities are endless.  I have made some with white lights and others with colored, but the color and pattern of ribbon really makes them pop.



You can whip one of these bad boys out in less than 10 minutes and it costs less than $20! 


1.  The supplies are minimal.  All you need is a box, lights, and some ribbon.
2.  Stuff a 20-50 strand of lights into the box.  Fluff them a bit so they don't all sink to the bottom or lay too neatly.
3.  Wrap a ribbon around the box as you would a gift you were wrapping.
4.  Viola!  The box is done so plug it in and look at the pretty, sparkling lights.

Honestly, I think the boxes are beautiful.  The ones with white lights look more clean and neat, where the colored lights give off a fun, festive look. 

Which is your favorite?

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Like great! I have no decorations up at all.

Live Simply- Live Well said...

That looks so cute! Good job chick.

Helene said...

I love this!! I think that the one with the colored lights is my fave!

Kelsey Eaton said...

My grandma always has these around her house at Christmas. I love them! You have such a cute blog! I love your design, excited to follow along!

Kels
storiesofkel.blogspot.com

Janna Renee said...

Those are awesome! I hadn't thought of that!!

Penniless Socialite said...

I love this idea! I am always looking for inexpensive christmas decorations. New follower from the Perception is Everything giveaway!
Tara
Penniless Socialite

Logan Cantrell said...

I love this! Too cute! You are very creative. :)

-Logan
www.southernsunflowersandcoffeebeans.com