Tuesday, May 22, 2012

bluegrass + nature.



Saturday was so beautiful out with a temp of around 90, lots of sun, and a gentle breeze.  There was a small bluegrass festival going on out at our park so Eric and I decided to see what it was all about.  Neither one of us like country music, and even though bluegrass is a sub-genre of that, I love it because the sound is different.  Something about the banjos, fiddles, and guitars that makes music to my ears.  These bands were playing a bit of bluegrass and folk and it felt good to be there taking everything in - the food, the hippies, the sounds, and the park.

We left the music to see what else we could find to do in the park between the swings, the pretty lake, and the nature trails sprawled out across hundreds of acres.  It was just so nice out that I honestly didn't care what we did; I just wanted to be outside. I am definitely a salt water girl, but the surrounding of the lake was breathtaking and so peaceful. 

Nature is so amazing to me.  As we were looking in the lake, I couldn't believe all the little life forms right at the surface and swimming in the water.  On the trail I was thinking of all the wildlife and animals that call this home - up in the trees, on the ground, underground, and everywhere. I could spend all day, every day outside, but my life just doesn't allow that with obligations and work. 

It was just such a perfect day to spend together and to take in what nature has to offer.  It really made me appreciate a lot that day.








7 comments:

jessica said...

beautiful pictures!

i LOVE to be outside! i mean i could just sit on a porch swing and enjoy being outside for hours. i am so glad the weather has been so pretty. it's so nice not being cooped up in the house anymore. yay for summer!

Alyx said...

These are great photos - it looks like you had a fabulous weekend!

Live Simply- Live Well said...

Great pics! Looks like y'all had fun.

Katrin said...

Love your pictures! And I love being in the nature.

Unknown said...

Breathtaking nature stills! I love to photograph nature the most and when the weather is gorgeous I'm always outside.

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Janna Renee said...

Aww...what a fun weekend! There is so much GREEN. This is why I love this season.

Susan said...

Looks like so much fun! :) And I do believe we have found something we DO NOT have in common... I do actually like country music. But don't hold it against me please! :) And a fun fact - when I get married I think it would be SO MUCH FUN to have a blue grass band play during the cocktail hour... I am kind of obsessed with banjos and mandolins.