Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another year gone by?

I cannot believe that 2011 is almost over!  Seriously, it seems that I was just at the winery celebrating last New Year's Eve with my sister and friends, awaiting the arrival of this year.  For me this year has been a good one, but it's gone by in sort of a blur because I was so wrapped up in school and that consumed my life.  But since that is now over (YAY!), I am definitely looking forward to wrapping things up with this year and seeing what 2012 brings for me (us).

I'm not really one who makes resolutions, but this year I have a couple things I want to do.  I know it's so cliche, but I am absolutely, positively going to be more physically active so I can get fit & toned, while eating better at the same time.  I have a ridiculous sweet tooth that I have to learn to control, therefore that's on the agenda as well. I have been pretty good about walking and getting exercise for the last several years, but since nursing school took over every last second I had, I have slacked big time and I can tell!  Now I don't have an excuse, except laziness, because I won't have my nose in book every waking moment.  In fact, I think I will start my resolution early and take my dog for a walk since it will be almost 60 degrees this afternoon!

Next year at this time I'm sure I will have the same resolution as this year, but hopefully a little more to add since I will finally have a job, making money to do things that I want to like travel and fixing up our house.  Until then, I'm going to focus on what I have planned and see where that takes me....
So....it's the last day of the year.  MAKE IT COUNT!!

No comments: